Date:      Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:09:51 +0200
From:      Stasys Smailys <ssmailys@komvista.lt>
To:        "[FreeBSD-AMD64]" <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ioctl() 64-bit issues

Hi all!

> Still not working. System is
>
> [deepred at omega64]:[~] > uname -a
> FreeBSD omega64.komvista.lt 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Tue Nov  2
> 10:04:01 EET 2004
> root at omega64.komvista.lt:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERAL  amd64
>
> ata_queue_request() returns zeros in request->u.atapi.sense_data.sk*
> after calling acd_get_progress() in dev/ata/atapi-cd.c. If
> request->u.atapi.sense_data.sksv is 0, then *finished is 0. That's why
> pct always gets zero, even if it has a value. Other functions don't care
> about second value when calling acd_get_progress() so they are not
> sensitive. Could it be that acd_get_progress() is deprecated and should
> not return anything excluding 0 or ENOMEM?

First of all I'm sorry for the false alarm. It appeared that the problem
was in CDRW drive. After changing NEC NR-7700A to LiteOn SOHR-5238S
everything works just fine. It seems to be a hardware bug because I
can't change transfer mode to anything more than WDMA2 (by default it
starts at PIO4). I would never thought that it was the hardware issue.

Thanks anyway.

--
WBR
Stasys Smailys