Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 00:35:49 -0400
From:      "ro0t" <root@unixhideout.com>
To:        <freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: mirroring FreeBSD

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of ro0t
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2002 12:33 AM
To: Scott Drassinower; freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: RE: mirroring FreeBSD

A few things. You doing this is very good. =]
I am in massachusetts. so you are very close to me, and i can start updating
from you hehe. I run a mirror too, but im fairly limited on bandwidth so the
closer the better. it was fairly straightforward to do, i simply, cd
/usr/ports/net/cvsup-mirror make and then make install. That will ask you
exactly what you want to mirror, and how often you want to update what you
mirror. As far as i know that sets you up with mirroring all the mailing
list archives, gnats, the website, all sources, and people can update their
sources off of you. There arent many mirrors near me which is why you doing
this would be good for me as im sure many others. As far as ftp mirroring,
you should learn, or use "rsync" a good tutorial on how to set up a freebsd
mirror is located at my favorite website www.freebsddiary.org if you have
any questions id be glad to help you set it up. or answer any questions you
have. you can email me directly at root@unixhideout.com Hope this helped.