Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 01:25:03 -0500
From:      "Geocrawler.com" <archiver@db.geocrawler.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dynamic PDF Viewing

This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Guy" <guy@mrguy.com>
Be sure to reply to that address.

I don't know if this can be done, but I am throwing it out to the group.

I have set up a User based FTP site with 3.2 stable. The site will house different pdf files.

I am wondering if there is a way to have the pdf file open up on the server side instead of downloading and then opening on the client desktop. I am thinking that I would just need to locate the reader on the site and then script something to call the reader and open the file before it downloads.

The users viewing the files have the pdf reader on their local machine. If you currently try to view, it launches the download and then opens the file without giving the option to do anything else.

Can this be accomplished and if so could you please point me in the right direction. I have scoured the Adobe user group and got nothing.

Thanks in advance,
GuyP

Geocrawler.com - The Knowledge Archive