Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:07:26 +0800
From:      Jing-Tang Keith Jang <jtjang@gcn.net.tw>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Regarding a Chinese /usr/compat/linux

On 04/29/00, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:
>  * On 04/27/00, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>  * > linux_base. In the handbook you'll find what kind of name scheme we're
>  * > using for that, IIRC it would be something like tw-linux_base. You might
>  * > want to look it up though, as I'm not at all sure.
>
> "zh_TW-linux_base". :)

Well, it can be called zh-linux_base, since CLE also supports GB
encodings for the simplified Chinese.  At the FreeBSD side, however,
it seems that GB locales of base system and X needs some more work.

> Well, the Japanese folks don't seem to mind ports/japanese blowing up,
> maybe you guys can merge those stuff (as long as they aren't *too*
> experimental) into the main FreeBSD repository too?

I've forwarded to freebsd-taiwan-chinese@freebsd.sinica.edu.tw
to see others' opinions.
--
Life usually behaves in an unexpected way, both harsh and merciful.

                                                      jtjang@gcn.net.tw