Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 00:49:45 -0700
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@mpress.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tyan Titan-Pro ATX S1668 no more? or changing?

I apologize if this in inapproprate for this list.

I thought potential purchasers of the Tyan S1668 might be
interested in this heresay.

I stopped by Fry's Electronics in San Jose Wednesday, and tried
to buy a Tyan Titan-Pro ATX S1668 motherboard.

They was a place in the shelf for them, but there were no S1668s,
S1662s or other of the Tyan high end motherboards.

Where the boards would have been was a sign saying something along the
lines of:

   We're not out of Tyan [product] just ask for a sales person.

So I did.   He informed me that the people from the head office
had come buy and taken them all.  I asked if there were any at
the other stores.

He wondered off and came back about 5 minutes later. He said he
looked in the computer and there were none in any of the Fry's
stores anywhere, including the new store in Sacramento.

He then said that Fry's did not expect to get anymore, but to
expect the new version in about a week based on the [I forgot]
chipset, which included support for the new [this and that].

Among this and that he included the K6 processor.  I was not
aware that the K6 had support for SMP, but then this was just
a sales droid.

Basically, it would seem new versions of their motherboards are
coming out with a new chipset, and some will support the K6.

--
Brian Litzinger
brian@mediacity.com