Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:37:02 +0200
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.0 not executing /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ at startup

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 02:07:09 +0200
Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since I upgraded to 7.0, it seams that my /etc/rc.conf isn't read
> anymore at startup. At least partly. Things that do not start anymore
> are:
> - oss
> - dbus
> - hald
> - avahi
>
> They are all gnome related. I have in my rc.conf: oss_enable="YES",
> hald_enable="YES", avahi_daemon_enable="YES and dbus_enable="YES". The
> gnome FAQ mentiones to put gnome_enable="YES" in the rc.conf but that
> doesn't work at all.

After some searching it seems that none of the scripts
in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ are being executed at startup. All scripts have
the extension .sh, have permission 755 and in rc.conf I have
local_startup="/usr/local/etc/rc.d".

I have no clue why they are not being executed.

--
The hand that feeds the chicken every day finally wrings its neck
instead, thus proving that more sophisticated views about the

		-- Bertrand Russell, "On Induction"