Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 1999 08:15:06 +0700 (NSS)
From:      Ustimenko Semen <semen@iclub.nsu.ru>
To:        Benjamin Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMC EtherPower 10/100

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Benjamin Gavin wrote:

> Hi all,
>   Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the SMC EtherPower II
> Network cards with either 2.2-STABLE or 3.1-STABLE.  I have two boxes (one
> running each version) and they both are showing some very weird behavior
> with these cards, namely they are giving 30-100ms ping times over ethernet.
>  This isn't normal, and I am pretty sure that I wasn't seeing this behavior
> with 2.2.7.  The cards are all using the SMC9432TX chipset.  I have the
> ipfw and natd code embedded into the kernel of both and the "ICMP_BANDLIM"
> option on the 3.1 box.
>   Has anyone seen this problem with these cards before.  I have tried
> specifying the correct media type multiple times, but it doesn't seem to help.
>
> Any ideas?? TIA.

Please try the last version of driver, i have MFCed
before yesterday. The sympthoms are like those in PR kern/10575,
and it looks like there was found a solution.

If it not works, then i definily need more info.
Like when bug occures? What do i have to do to reproduce it?

What did you mean by 'specifying the correct media type multiple times'?

I beleave we should be  able to compile current driver under
2.2, except we have to remove following line:

	ifp->if_snd.ifq_maxlen = TX_RING_SIZE;

from /sys/pci/if_tx.c.

Bye.