Date:      Sun, 19 May 1996 19:19:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Dror Matalon <dror@dnai.com>
Cc:        FREEBSD-SCSI-L <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Who wants a DPT SCSI controller driver?

On Sun, 19 May 1996, Dror Matalon wrote:

> > port it to FreeBSD.  Among the products they offer is a RAID
> > controller that can stripe 42 drives together into a single SCSI
> > target ID...  :)
>
> What's the price? We'd probably buy one right away.

    I think that controller (with cache and RAID capabilities) lists
for around $1200 US.  I imagine street price will fall in the $1000
area.  They have info on the Web site (http://www.dpt.com/).  Be sure
to let Mark Salyzyn (salyzyn@dpt.com) know of your commitment to buy
if drivers are available.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.