Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:09:33 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs/network problems ?

From the keyboard of M. Warner Losh:
> In message: <20020824170631.11998501@hcswork.hcs.de>
>             hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis) writes:
> : For some days i'm not able to cvs checkout from a stable to a current
> : machine anymore. The stable machine runs a stable as of today, the current
> : a currect as of yesterday or the day before.
> :
> : On the current machine, i start (to a fresh,clean,empty src tree)
> :
> : 	cvs -d stable.machine:/var/cvs/os checkout -P src
> : cvs server: Updating src/bin/csh/USD.doc
> :
> : and hangs here.
>
> I've seen this problem with older versions of CVS.  Do you have
> sufficient disk space (in terms of inodes and free blocks) on your
> /tmp file system on stable.machine to hold an entire cvs tree?

I'm quite shure now that this problem is a result of a bug somewhere
in the ste(4) driver. I already mailed Doug Ambrisko about it.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77