Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 2009 07:53:22 +0300
From:      Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
To:        Alexander Churanov <alexanderchuranov@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to fix fetching from sourceforge.org? [ devel/boost-* ]

* Alexander Churanov (alexanderchuranov@gmail.com) wrote:

> I've noticed that my ports are unable to fetch from sourceforge and
> usually fetch from FreeBSD sites.

boost-* fetches just fine for me.

> I recall there was a discussion on this, but I've missed the final
> statement.

After SF updated their distribution scheme, there was change to sites.mk
and all ports hosted on SF.

Nothing more than correct MASTER_SITES is required. If your port doesn't
fetch, try `make fetch-urlall-list` and then try when on one of the
URLs - there should be no redirects or index.html's. If there are,
just go to SF download page, get the download url and give it to
wget again. There will be bunch of redirects and finally direct URL
which may be used in MASTER_SITES.

For example, if you're playing with boost 1.41 beta 1:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.41.0.beta.1/boost_1_41_0_beta1.tar.bz2/download (from download page)
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/boost/boost/1.41.0.beta.1/boost_1_41_0_beta1.tar.bz2 (redirect)
http://sunet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/boost/boost/1.41.0.beta.1/boost_1_41_0_beta1.tar.bz2 (finally, direct link)

That's SF/boost/boost/1.41.0.beta.1, or
SF/boost/boost/${DISTVERSION:C/something/} if you like.

If you use firefox, you may be interested in this GreaseMonkey script,
which converts download URLs on SF to direct ones:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/50136

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3@amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3@jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru