Date:      Fri, 28 Oct 2011 21:30:14 GMT
From:      John Blazek <freebsd.org@logicalsolutns.com>
To:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/161710: SSHD starts on boot even if  sshd_enable=&quot;NO&quot; in 8.2

The following reply was made to PR conf/161710; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Blazek <freebsd.org@logicalsolutns.com>
To: Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: conf/161710: SSHD starts on boot even if
  sshd_enable=&quot;NO&quot; in 8.2
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 16:28:41 -0500

 Hello,

 Thank you for attempting to reproduce it.

 I concur with your result 3b) If you try to type  /etc/rc.d/sshd start -= it wont start.

 The servers that are exhibiting this are currently production servers and I cannot conveniently reboot them on command.

 I will build a fresh box and see if I can duplicate it from scratch.

 You are welcome to TeamView or SSH/screen view one of the servers to examine the configuration.

 -john