Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:31:48 -0600
From:      Novembre <novembre@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Flash 9 crash problems

I have upgraded my 7.0-RELEASE system to RELENG_7 as of 02/19/2009. I
had Firefox 2.0.0.12 installed before the upgrade. Then, I installed
Adobe Flash 9 following the instructions here
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=51075+0+archive/2008/freebsd-emulation/20081102.freebsd-emulation

So I have linux_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf,
compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16 in /etc/sysctl.conf, and
OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f8 in /etc/make.conf, and the following line
in /etc/fstab:
linproc		/compat/linux/proc	linprocfs	rw	0	0

I then installed www/nspluginwrapper and www/linux-flashplugin9. The
plugins showed up in Firefox when I type about:pugins as
----------
Shockwave Flash
File name: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r152

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash Player 	spl 	Yes
----------

After that, I can see flash videos on youtube and other websites. The
problem is that when I close the tabs containing a flash video (most
of the times when it is playing, but sometimes even when it is
paused), npviewer.bin crashes with a core dump (npviewer.bin.core) in
my home directory and it leaves a lot of zombie npviewer.bin processes
running. Note that Firefox does not crash and is stable. At this
stage, if I want to view another video, a gray box appears and nothing
plays. If I kill all the zombie processes, the videos load and play
just fine.

Does anybody know what I should do to fix this?

Thanks a lot :)