Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 2009 13:15:08 -0500
From:      Akenner <SlackWareWolf@comcast.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange and weird, probably simple, aim DL

Glen Barber wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Akenner <SlackWareWolf@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Glen Barber wrote:

>>> Have you `rehash'ed ?
>>>

>> Yes I have. I read that whenever installing something new I should do that
>> so it can find new things.
>>

> Did that not work? Is the problem still present?  What happens if you
> log out and log in again?

Basically it does the same thing. I used the pkg_add as I said, and once
I finished, I did the rehash thing, and then logging in and out doesn't
seem to change it. Is there a chance the package itself is messy?

I was told to try whereis and did so, and it said /usr/ports/net-im/aim
and when I typed the direct path, it said permission denied, so I tried
su to root, and ran it again, and it said the same thing...Which is a
little strange being root.