Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:47:19 +0100
From:      Richard Morte <ric@sinclairassoc.force9.co.uk>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        TrouBle <trouble@hackfurby.com>, Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: DNS Implications for VHosts on Apache

Doug wrote:

> Richard Morte wrote:
>
> > Running NSLINT seems to regard
> > this as an error with "...already in use" messages.
>
>         nslint is being too conservative. Your setup is fine.
>
> Doug
> --
> "Stop it, I'm gettin' misty."
>
>     - Mel Gibson as Porter, "Payback"

Yup, I guess nslint is expecting the standard situation of both forward
and reverse lookups, so it reports the missing PTR entries. For VH,
reverse resolving isn't necessary - the user either types the URL or,
rarely, the IP address directly - so only the name needs resolving.

The bit I wasn't sure about was the "already in use" messages, but you
have eased my mind over this one.

Thank you, all, for your advice.
Ric