Date:      Mon, 30 May 2016 12:37:07 +0200
From:      Mateusz Piotrowski <0mp@FreeBSD.org>
To:        soc-status@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Week 1 / Non-BSM to BSM Conversion Tools

Hello,

During the first week of GSoC I=E2=80=99ve managed to set up FreeBSD and =
Debian in VirtualBox. Both of these guest virtual machines are =
generating audit logs which I analyse to learn the structure of the =
audit logs formats. I started to map the fields of the Linux Audit =
format to the BSM format.

Wiki: =
https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2016/NonBSMtoBSMConversionTools =
<https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2016/NonBSMtoBSMConversionTools>;

Repository: https://github.com/0mp/gsoc16 =
<https://github.com/0mp/gsoc16>. (The repository hasn=E2=80=99t got any =
code in it at the moment; rather a bunch of useful links which helped me =
to proceed with my project.)

I=E2=80=99ve also created a a little notebook where I keep all my little =
hacks to get FreeBSD to work: =
https://github.com/0mp/n0tes/blob/master/freebsd.md =
<https://github.com/0mp/n0tes/blob/master/freebsd.md>;

I hope I=E2=80=99ll be able to produce more value this week as I=E2=80=99v=
e got less intense assignments to	hand in for the time being.

=09
Cheers!

Mateusz Piotrowski

PS If you know how to create audit logs for only one specific file on =
FreeBSD than please drop me a line! I=E2=80=99ve already asked this =
question on serverfault =
(http://serverfault.com/questions/778510/how-to-record-audit-logs-for-only=
-one-specified-file-in-freebsd =
<http://serverfault.com/questions/778510/how-to-record-audit-logs-for-only=
-one-specified-file-in-freebsd>) and I=E2=80=99m about to send an email =
to the trustedbsd-discuss@freebsd.org mailing list.