Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:45:22 -0500
From:      ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jeff.t@mail.com, Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Flash in Firefox

On Monday 30 July 2012 15:55:46 Warren Block wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2012, Manish Jain wrote:
> > <<
> > I've not experienced any problem with sites that
> > use Flash, including Youtube.
> >

> > Okay, so can you please go to the URL below and see whether the bubbles
> > work for you ?
> >
> > http://news.discovery.com/human/games-lumosity-word-bubbles.html
> >
> > I don't have a problem with YouTube either. But if the flash at the URL
> > above works for you, I request you to kindly share with me the ports I
> > need to install. I spent a lot of time, energy and bandwidth
> > installing/reinstalling over a dozen ports, including opera. But neither
> > opera nor firefox on my system work for the subject URL
>
> Works here.  amd64,
>
> firefox-14.0.1,1
> linux-f10-flashplugin-11.2r202.236_1
>
> Set up as the Handbook describes.

It doesn't work on my computer:
FreeBSD 9.0 Release, KDE 4.8.4

I updated Firefox 13 to 14.0.1 and flash doesn't work anymore (on Opera works).
In pluginred.dat I have:
[INVALID]
/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so:$
1336714805000:$

On the previous version of Firefox I didn't have a problem with the same
version of flash plugin.

Mitja
--------
http://jpgmag.com/people/lumiwa