Date:      01 Jul 1999 15:48:02 +0200
From:      Marko Schuetz <marko@ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q: rpc.lockd (*broken!*) ??

>>>>> "Marko" == Marko Schuetz <marko@king.ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de> writes:

Marko> in /etc/defaults/rc.conf it says
Marko> rpc_lockd_enable="NO"           # Run NFS rpc.lockd (*broken!*) if nfs_server.

Marko> so is this still true?

Marko> I have an NFS server running 3.1-stable which has a repository for
Marko> aegis supposed to be accessed from HP/UX clients.

Marko> When I do

Marko> aenpr example -dir /tmp/aegis/example

Marko> on the server itself it works, but on one of the NFS clients I get

Marko> 15:35 marko@king% aenpr example -dir /opt/tmp/example
Marko> aegis: fcntl("/usr1/users/ki/com/aegis/lockfile", F_SETLKW, &{type = F_WRLCK,
Marko>         whence = SEEK_SET, start = 0, len = 1, pid = 0}): No locks available

Forgot to say: it does *seem* to work when rpc.lockd is running.

Marko