Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 01:04:39 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changes for Audio control on the bt848 code

I noticed that my WinCast/TV dbx board doesn't work with Mike's modifications
either - I'm sure that the audio goo is somewhat different than the base
version.

I was talking to Mike about this today at lunch, and decided to
attack it the "brute force" way.  I added a pair of ioctl functions to get
and set the GPIO port on the Bt848.  I then proceeded to toss obvious sorts
of bit patterns at it to see if I could provoke it into working.
Unfortunately,
there seems to be more going on here that this approach didn't produce
any useful results.   I think I may have to dig up docs on the chips they
use to see if there's some sort of programming/setup required.

I also tried following the traces on the board, but didn't get very far.
It sounds like your eyesight is doing better than mine, judging from how
far you managed to trace stuff :-)

The other extreme notion is to call Hauppauge, and see if they're willing
to cough up some info which would help them sell some more boards... we'll
see how that goes.

louie