Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:37:55 -0500
From:      "Gray, David W." <David_W_Gray@tvratings.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD mobile list'" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Wireless?

OK OK, firstly yes, this is a bit off-topic here, but this seems to be where
most of the wireless net discussion is...

I really want to get rid of the cables running through my hallways, connect
upstairs, downstairs and back room PCs in the house. A set of wireless cards
sounds like a good idea - but the $$$$ is still too much, as it now appears.
The phone line 'net cards would be a slam dunk - but I don't use M$
products, and it seems that nobody else supports 'em.

So the question is, what do you do for cheap, wireless or equivalent
connectivity? (By cheap I mean <$100/node, preferably < $50.) With 10Mb or
better performance, too. (The upstairs box has my CVS repository, don't want
to cvsup at 1Mb constantly...)