Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:48:42 EDT
From:      PhazeCA@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   trouble connecting to the internet

Right now i'm using another computer that has aol, but anyway, i've been=20
trying to connect to the internet for a long time with bsd.  I have no idea=20
what to do, I read all of the faq's at your website and in the book that cam=
e=20
with my bsd.  I wanted to connect to earthlink with bsd, but i just can't=20
seem to do it.  Is there anyway someone can help me, either with a reply to=20
this or if there is a number i can call or whatever, I just need help. =20
Please get back to me as soon as possible, because right now I'm on a very=20
slow computer and i really want to get familiar with unix, thanks for your=20
time.
Every time I try to use the PPP Dialup Utility, when I am in xinit, it says=20
"The pppd daemon died unexpectedly."  What is the problem?  Is there=20
something I need to configure or what?
I have been trying to run the ppp dialup utility as root, but it still=20
doesn't work. what do i do?  here is how my configuration looks....

Dial

Account Name:    ELN/username
Redial Maximum:  5
Modem Device:    /dev/ttyS1 (COM2)