Date:      Sun, 08 Jun 2008 13:58:46 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: console access

--==========26717E5BC959D5FAE525==========

--On June 8, 2008 7:53:32 PM +1000 Andrew Snow <andrew@modulus.org> wrote:

> Andy Kosela wrote:
>> Then you can even
>> remotely mount iso images from your laptop at home directly on the
>> server (very handy sometimes).
>
> Incidentally, when I tried to use a Supermicro IPMI card for networked
> remote media, FreeBSD boot loader crashed the machine (video went
> haywire and it didnt boot).
>
> The same thing happened when trying to use a USB CDROM drive, so I
> suspect USB boot support is at fault somehow.

Interesting.  I have a umass USB drive that causes kernel panics during=20
boot.  The rest of the time it works fine.  So, I unplug the USB cable to=20
reboot, then plug it back in and mount the drive after I login.

Paul Schmehl
If it isn't already obvious,
my opinions are my own and not
those of my employer.