Date:      Wed, 09 Jul 2014 16:52:46 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   audacity crashes recording

Greetings,
I have built audio/audacity with the following options:

OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=DEBUG
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=DOCS
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=FFMPEG
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=FLAC
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=ID3TAG
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=LADSPA
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=LAME
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=MAD
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=MIDI
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=NYQUIST
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=PORTMIXER
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=SBSMS
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=SOUNDTOUCH
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=TWOLAME
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=VAMP
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=VORBIS
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=RESAMPLE
OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=SAMPLERATE
OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=SOXR

I've tried hard to eliminate any dependencies on pulseaudio
or alsa (in ffmpeg, for instance).

I've got a Behringer U202 attached to a turntable for
input.  Choosing OSS, it detects the devices as /dev/dsp,
/dev/dsp, with 2 (Stereo) input.  When I click "monitor"
in the microphone dropdown, I get a crash with the
complaint:

ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'

Anybody got audacity working with OSS?  Possibly with
snd_uaudio?

Thanks,
Russell