Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:42:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Heyer <john@snake.supranet.net>
To:        Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd -reverse

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Nick Rogness wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, John Heyer wrote:
>

> > Can anybody tell me what firewall rules I should be using to run natd
> > -reverse -n <internal NIC>?  I want to use proxy_rule to transparent
> > caching via localhost:3128, but can't get natd -reverse running.  I only
> > have one internal interface.  thanks
>
> 	I wouldn't use NAT for this purpose.  ipfw fwd was designed
> 	specifically for this use (from what I've read).

That requires me to fake out my caching software (squid) to operate in
accelorater mode, and feature such as authentication don't work.

I think all I need are the ipfw lines to run natd -reverse.  Anyone have
them?

--
Johh Heyer - john@personal.supranet.net - http://heyer.supranet.net

"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!"  -- Ralph Wiggam