Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:31:08 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        Anatoly Vorobey <mellon@pobox.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSDCon East

At 19:50 11-04-2000 +0200, Anatoly Vorobey wrote:
>As another random example, speakers of Slavic languages often find
>it intensely difficult to remember and obey the time-shift rules in
>English, or the no-double-negatives rule.

Hey, I never had no problem with no double negative! :)

I'd say that rule is easier to follow for speakers of Slavic languages than
for many a native English speaker. At least in America, many people break
that rule (along with many others, e.g. saying "he don't", or even "we was"
though that one is not too common) all the time.

Remember the movie Twelve Angry Men? Where eleven of the jurors were ready
to condemn an innocent man for a variety of reasons? One of the jurors was
ready to convict him arguing that "he don't even speak good English."

Cheers,
Adam
"I think, therefore I am."
                    - Seventeenth Century Philosophy

"I publish what I think, therefore I have."
                    - Twenty-First Century Action

Details at http://www.OnlinePublisher.net/