Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 19:40:24 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        info@lespetitsplaisirs.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openoffice install

# info@lespetitsplaisirs.com / 2002-10-27 13:16:22 -0500:
> Does anybody know just what is required to install OpenOffice on FBSD 4.7.
> I think their message that 4Gb is required is a little naive.... just where
> should this 4gb be available.

    unless you have fiddled with the ports system, it builds all the
    software under /usr/ports. more specifically, in those
    /usr/ports/category/port/work/ directories.

> I have a 10gb disk: ad0s1= ad0s1e (/usr/local - 3.7gb); ad0s2=4gb K(but
> this includes /,/tmp/,/usr (2.7gb),/var; and ad0s3 = ad0s3e (/usr/ports -
> 2gb).

    that looks like you don't have enough free space (anywhere).

> In my present attempt to install OO on the test machine, the file system
> became full... Som now what?

    Q: which filesystem got full?
    A: the one that is used to build OO, and needs those 4 gigs to
       complete the process.

--
If you cc me or take the list(s) out completely I'll most likely ignore
your message.      see http://www.eyrie.org./~eagle/faqs/questions.html