Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:22:29 +0100
From:      Christian Uhrhan <Christian.Uhrhan@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: X and radeon 9000 mobility

Hi,

Marsh Ray wrote:

>What always seems to work for me is doing "XFree86 -configure" as root.  This
>will generate an XF86Config.new file with the servers "best guess" about what
>the driver settings should be.  You can copy the Module, Device, and Screen
>setting to your existing XF86Config file, or use the new one as a basis for
>tweaking.

i tried out the command "XFree86 -configure" but it didn't work for me.
I got the message
"Fatal Server Error" and some other text.

So i searched in the inet for radeon 9000 and found somewhere a post
from a "Device"-section.
There is a line "ChipID" and i copy this line to my configuration-file.
After this i got a core dump
and some messages:

Symbol drmUnmap from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o
is unresolved!

so i did a search for "drm" and found a lib in the
"/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/freebsd" directory.
i added the line "Load drm" to my config-file and the messages didn't
come again but i still got
the core dump.

Is there anything else i could do? (the next step for me is to cvs
XFree86 (thx Lukasz for the tip))

mfg
cu

the new files: