Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:50:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.org>
To:        Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Jim Mock wrote:
> If you're in control of your reverse DNS, you need to fix it.  If you
> aren't, it's time to club your ISP with the clue-by-four a few times...

With all due respect to your domain, and to Godwin's law, isn't this
policy just a bit totalitarian?  I'm often plugged in through random wifi
base stations or internet cafes, delivering mail directly from my laptop
rather than relaying it through somewhere.  I'm doubtful even this message
will get through.  No additional security is provided or even implied by
reverse DNS.  Why require it?

Brian