Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:44:20 +1000
From:      "Jason Duffett" <jduffett@optushome.com.au>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problem compiling kernel

Hi,
I've just cvsuped (18/04/02) and keep getting the error below when trying to
rebuild my kernel. I haven't got options NETSMB or NETSMBCRYPTO in my
config, and I am using the same config file that I have been since
4.5release.
I get the same error whether I do make buildkernel or
/usr/sbin/config...make depend, etc (it fails in make depend).
I cvsuped yesterday afternoon (17/04/02) and did a buildworld with no
problems. I did installworld this morning and then attempted to rebuid the
kernel. When it failed I cvsupped again but it didn't help.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason

Error Message:

===> smbfs
@ -> /usr/src/sys
machine -> /usr/src/sys/i386/include
perl @/kern/vnode_if.pl -h @/kern/vnode_if.src
touch opt_inet.h
echo "#define INET 1" > opt_inet.h
touch opt_ipx.h
echo "#define NETSMB    1"  > opt_netsmb.h
echo "#define NETSMBCRYPTO 1" >> opt_netsmb.h
touch opt_smbfs.h
touch opt_vmpage.h
perl @/kern/makeops.pl -h @/libkern/iconv_converter_if.m
make: don't know how to make des_enc.S. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GRODY.