Date:      Sat, 4 Sep 1999 18:01:58 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Kent Stewart' <kstewart@3-cities.com>, Richard Pouncy <pouncy@rtscomputer.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Good Make but lots of dmesg's

Noooo, quite the opposite.  He HAS built a kernel w/o all the extra devices.
The problem is that the commands that were given in the boot -c editor to
disable all of the devices in the GENERIC kernel are still being run on
startup.

I belive the file you want to look at is /boot/boot.conf but I'm not 100%
sure of that at the moment.  I can verify that when I get home from work.
Alternatively, if someone else on the list is positive of the file that
contains all of the bootup config, hopefully said person will reply to this
message.

Hope this helps,
-Chris