Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:16:11 -0700 (MST)
From:      "J. Scott Edwards" <sedwards@xmission.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ifconfig_aue0, fatal trap 12

Hello,

I am having some difficulties moving FreeBSD to another machine.  I moved
the hard drive from a machine with a normal (NE2000) nic to a machine with
a D-Link USB to Ethernet adapter.  First I ran /stand/sysinstall to set up
the aue interface (and then had to remove the old interface from rc.conf).

But if I try to boot the machine with the D-Link plugged it it hangs on
the "initial hostname setup".  If I leave the D-Link unplugged it will
boot and then I can plug in the D-Link and it will work just fine.  But
then when I try to shutdown it gets a aue0: usb error rx: IOERROR, Fatal
trap 12: page fault while in kernel.

I tried to just reinstall but the installer hangs if the interface is
plugged in.  Should I reinstall without the interface and then add it in
afterwards?

Thanks
  -Scott