Date:      Sun, 29 Mar 1998 16:24:24 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        iCEkEWL <slayer@fiam.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internet connection!

On Sun, 29 March 1998 at  1:52:02 -0500, iCEkEWL wrote:
> Hi
> I am using FreeBSD version 2.2.5.
> And I have little problem with my internet connection.
> I have DynIP. And I think I config the PPP seeting correctly.
> My modem connects to the server all right but I can not get anything
> from net.
> For example, I was trying to install netscape4  like what the book(The
> Complete FreeBSD 2nd edition) says. "cd /usr/ports/www/netscape4, make
> install" this should fetch the netscape but I got "unknown host" instead
> of netscape file. Of course my modem was connected server. It act like I
> didn't connecte to server.
> So I have no idea what to do.

Well, since you have the book, I'd recommend reading chapter 19
(Networks and the Internet), 20 (Configuring the local network), and
21 (Connecting to the Internet), as well as any additional chapters
that appear worthwhile--at a guess, that will include chapter 25 (The
Domain Name Service).  If you still can't get it to work, read chapter
27 (Network Debugging).

That may seem like a lot.  If you think you can get by with minimal
help, look at the checklist on page 322.

Greg