Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:05:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@pobox.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Any chance at supporting writing to ATAPI CD-R/RW at >2X?

Running FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE on a Dual PII/400, Tyan Tiger 100A S1833DL
motherboard, 256MB RAM, 2 x IBM DDRS-39130D 9.1 GB Ultra2 LVD SCSI
HD.  CD-RW is ATAPI, HP CD-Writer Plus 8210i

I noticed while browsing through the wormcontrol(8) man page that the
'prepdisk' command takes arguments 'single' or 'double', meaning that you
can only write disks in 1x and 2x speeds.  Is there any chance of getting
support for >2X CD-R/RW's?  I have a HP 8210i which writes and rewrites at
4x, and I would really love to have the extra writing speed.  And 8X
writers are getting cheaper and cheaper...

Thanks!
--
Donald Burr <dburr@borg-cube.com> Resistance is Futile! | FreeBSD: The
WWW: http://www.borg-cube.com/  ICQ: UIN#16997506       | Power to