Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2012 02:21:02 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Best Mini PCI_e_ Atheros card with a, b, g, n and 2x2 MIMO? Or, at least, good one?

Hello, Freebsd-wireless.

  Now  I'm  using very good MiniPCI (not express!) card from Microtic.
 It works well. But my old router (Sokeris net5501) doesn't work well
 by itself: it is very CPU-limited, and looks like overheated easily.

  So, I'm thinking about upgrade. But all modern small MoBos (MiniITX
ones, like Zotac's or new Sokeris net6501) doesn't have MiniPCI, only
MiniPCIe.

  So, I will need new WiFi card too (Zotac has configurations with
 WiFi, but it seems, that it is RaLink based, and two-channel cards
 are supplied only with "top" MoBos for "true" LGA1155 CPUs, which I
 don't want, because they needs active cooling).

  Different "ISP-oriented" Internet shops sells MiniPCI cards, but
 MiniPCIe is not common (yet?).

  Could you name MiniPCIe _card_ (not _chipset_) which is Atheros based,
supports 2.4/5Ghz, has 2 channels and MMCX connectors?

  Internet shops, china markets and e-bay is Ok :)

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>