Date:      Sun, 04 Jun 1995 23:57:12 -0400
From:      Ken Wilcox <wilcox@math.psu.edu>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        wilcox@math.psu.edu (Ken Wilcox), freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NCR53c710 VLB SCSI Driver.

Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com> writes:
> Ken Wilcox writes:
> >

> > 	I don't know if this was asked before hear as I am new to all of the Fr
> eeBSD
> > world, but not new to Unix, but has anyone even attempted to port the
> > NCR 53c710 driver for FreeBSD. I desperately need it and I am not that much
>  of
> > a coding guru. I would be willing to test things if someone wants to blindl
> > attempt some code writing, or you could just tell me where to begin_hack an
> > I will try to do it myself, although you could imagine the mess I might mak
> > out of the poor scsi disk. Thanks for anything.
>
> Which driver are you referring too?  I have an Acculogic VESApport
> VL-Bus adapter with the NCR 53C720 in house for a while that I'm
> working on, and I will try to bring up support for it.  I'm not
> sure what the differences between the 710 and the 720 are.

Well, the card is a AIR ASPI VLB with the NCR53C710 chip, which we had to find
out the hard way. Is there anything else that I can say to help with finding
stuff out about it... I don't have the book for the chip or else I would read
it :)
Does anyone out there have the book?

or know where I could acquire it from ?

-Ken Wilcox