Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 14:56:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/6894: WindowMaker 15.0 minor problems

>Number:         6894
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       WindowMaker 15.0 minor problems
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

After windowmaker 15.0 is built, when a user runs
wmaker.inst to set up files in the home directory, some files
on the menus cannot be found.  At least that's my experience.

Xterm doesn't work ("nxterm not found") because the file in
$HOME/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/menu has nxterm in it and
needs \nxterm.  (This is also true for the 14.1 package.)

Certain other menu items don't work because
$HOME/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/wmmacros has the wrong location
for Themes, Styles, IconSets, and Backgrounds, specifically
/usr/local/share/WindowMaker instead of
/usr/X11R6/share/WindowMaker, which is where they are.

The default files from which a user's files are created are in
/usr/X11R6/share/WindowMaker/.

>How-To-Repeat:
Build and install windowmaker 15.0; run
wmaker.inst as a user.

>Fix:

The default files from which a user's files are created in
/usr/X11R6/share/WindowMaker/  can be changed to correct
these problems, or the user's files can be changed.  I don't know
where to locate the more fundamental fix.