Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:22:16 -0700
From:      "Tom Vilot" <tom@vilot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PHP / Apache bus error

I've done a lot of snooping around Google to figure this out. I've come
to the conclusion that PHP just plain sucks ;c)

I am fairly consistently getting bus errors in Apache when I use PHP (or
at least, I'm fairly sure it is due to PHP). Entries like:

... [notice] child pid 70121 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Or if I run Apache in stand-alone mode, I will often simply get:

Bus Error

and it exits immediately.

I am running php4-4.3.10_2 and apache+mod_ssl-1.3.33+2.8.22 on
FreeBSD 4.9 RELEASE (Generic kernel).

Is this something that will clear up if I move to FreeBSD 5.3? Or is
there some other known work-around? I ask because I have a 5.3 box here
at home that does not seem to be exhibiting this behavior.

Thanks.