Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 1995 16:54:12 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Quanah J Mount <fxqjm@aurora.alaska.edu>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: *sigh*

> Well, since I have recieved no response from you, and I have yet to get
> any version of FreeBSD to work, I'm going to switch back to Linux.
> Perhaps someday you'll get a working operating system going.  If so,
> maybe I'll try FreeBSD again, but until that time, I'm going to stick
> with something thats a bit more stable.

Well, your question was recieved by Freefall at Mon Oct  9 16:18:41 1995
which means that most people on this list didn't even see it until earlier
this morning.  It amuses me to think that you expect < 24h response from
a *free* service.  As far as stability, the SNAPSHOTs are "BETA" quality
test releases, and anyone here knows that they are not the final *stable*
product that will be 2.1.

Anyway, I'll answer your question.  Just as a refresher, this is what I
pulled out of the mail archives:

> On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
> > 1. Please stop sending this mail to root!  Thank you!
> >
> > > in the 951005 SNAP, there are a few bugs.. You cannot use telnet to
> > > connect to other machines, nor can other machines telnet to your machine,
> >
> > You mean, after the installation?  Are you sure the network interfaces are
> > up?  What does `ifconfig -a' say?
> >
> ifconfig -a says..

The problem has to do with the installation of secure telnet and is being
addressed right now.  It should be fixed by for the next snapshot which
should be availible tomorrow sometime.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM