Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:57:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Erin Emerson <emer2616@uidaho.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   (SPYRILYPSIE says...) wireless WAV/LAN ORiNOCO (PC card) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:42:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Erin Emerson <emer2616@uidaho.edu>
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: wireless WAV/LAN ORiNOCO (PC card)

Driver support question!!!

Using ORiNOCO PC CARD (gold)  , complies w/ IEEE 802.11 standard (on
wireless LANs).

Using Card on desktop, with ISA adapter card.

NEED DRIVER FOR FreeBSD!!!

(I will be installing the OS over FTP
(via my network with a local wireless AP)..  & ..

(Seek advice.)   I PLAN TO INSTALL AS IF IT WERE OVERR ANY ETH#RNET
CONNECTION...      ?????    (DO you havce any other INFO?)

          I do hae a disk for device drivers for Linux... (assuming it
will also work on FreeBSD), but.....        (I will be installing from FTP
so ,

            the FreeBSD boot/install (kernel programs) need to be able to
             read my card.....

PLEASE SEND ADVICE!!

Thank you,

ERIN M. EMERSON      (jseme@uas.alaska. edu)

    (Splots and Spyrilyptic with Burblejazz (or) the Spyrilypsie Show
                          EXperiment   ))    (+All is (mystic) and
infinitely possible...) . ..

                         OR    (emer2616@uidaho.edu)...

    THANK You Very MUCH....   (YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL sTARRY CREATORS....
                                    (Next time  the 'mystic' quote wont be
so 'cheesy...'