Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 11:13:16 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <Mark.Ovens@uk.radan.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What's New in 2.2 ??

Hi all,
	Can anyone tell me what's new in 2.2.x since 2.1.0??. I looked at the Web site but couldn't find the info.

	In particular I'm interested to know if support for logical drives in extended partitions has been implemented yet. If so can someone clarify the following:

	1. Can FreeBSD boot from a logical drive in an extended partition
	   or does it require booting from a primary?

	2. If it requires booting from a primary partition, is it only the
	   '/' partition that needs to be in the primary partition?

	3. Is the partition FreeBSD boots from constrained by the 1024
	   cylinder limit on booting?

	The reason I need this info is that I am shortly to replace my 2 HDD's with a single, large (3.2Gb), drive and as I run multiple OS's I could have problems with the PC limit of 4 partitions & the 1024 cylinder limit for booting. I don't want to upgrade from 2.1.0 unless the above support has been implemented as I have a stable system at the moment.

	Any help/advice/info will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark O

Radan Computational Ltd.      |*|
Tel: +44 (0)1225 320320       |*|