Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:50:58 -0800
From:      Charlie La Mothe <charlie@clamothe.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Volume & Channel control with snd_envy24gt, M-Audio Revolution 5.1

Hello,
I am successfully using a M-Audio Revolution 5.1 sound card on my FreeBSD
7.1 media server.

The sound is great as always, but there are a couple of issues that I'm
looking to find solutions to:

   - After setting my volume to 100:100 using mixer the real volume is only
   1/5th or 1/6th of what it should be.  This is might be due to a lack of
   support for the Revo's volume control chipset, but I don't have any
   experience writing sound drivers so I'm not sure.
   - Only one output channel (stereo) is used.  I do not have access to the
   rear speakers in a 5.1 setup.

sndstat output: http://dpaste.com/112401/
mixer output: http://dpaste.com/112402/

In /dev, dsp0.0, mixer0 and sndstat are the only sound devices.

Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks!
--
Charlie La Mothe