Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:27:19 -0400
From:      Duane Winner <duanewinner@att.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPv6 and PPP problem

Hello,

Mozilla is apparantly broken when it comes to IPv6 and attempting to do
AAAA DNS lookups. I found numerous google results that report this
problem and suggested recompiling the kernel with IPv6 disabled.

I did this, and Mozilla is again rip-roaring fast.

But now PPP does not work!

Does anybody know why PPP does not work when IPv6 is disabled in the
kernel and what can I do about it?

I am running:
FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p8
mozilla-1.6_4,2

To disable IPv6, I simply edited my custom kernel config and commented out:
     #options      INET6
and recompiled.

Thanks for any info,

Duane Winner