Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2019 02:08:27 +0000
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: devel/llvm90 requires math/z3 first; building math/z3 requires a c++ toolchain be in place

--B0nZA57HJSoPbsHY

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 05:59:21PM -0700, Mark Millard wrote:
>=20
>=20
> On 2019-Aug-6, at 09:55, Brooks Davis <brooks at freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> > I'd prefer to disable this dependency.  There's a knob that worked in
> > the 8.0 timeframe, but the lit build now autodetects z3 when it is
> > present and I've failed to find a knob to disable it.  For now, the easy
> > workaround is probably to disable options LIT.  We could make that the
> > default on non-LLVM platforms is that makes sense.
> >=20
> > -- Brooks
>=20
> Okay.
>=20
> poudriere-devel automatically built math/z3 because
> I'd indicated to build devel/llvm90 . math/z3 was not
> previously built: I've never had other use of it. So
> my context was not one of an implicit autodetect.

The dependency is there because if z3 is installed then the package
that is built depends on z3.  Thus I had not choice but to add a z3
dependency until I find a way to turn it off.  You can either help find
a way to disable z3 detection in the cmake infrastructure or turn off
LIT.  I don't have any use for reports on the effects of commenting out
the DEPENDS line.  I know what that does.

-- Brooks

--B0nZA57HJSoPbsHY

--B0nZA57HJSoPbsHY--