Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:15:30 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        Asenchi <asenchi@asenchi.com>
Cc:        Thanos Tsouanas <thief_grr@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scroll mouse

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 10:01:46AM -0500, Asenchi wrote:
> To add on to what everyone else said, I would do this also:
> >         Option      "Protocol" "auto"
> >         Option      "Device" "/dev/ums0"
>
> This should fix your problem.  I would take moused_enable="NO"
> completely out of rc.conf or comment it.  This way it doesn't run.
> Granted "NO" should work, but...

Don't forget that moused might still be started automatically for USB mice,
if you have usbd running.  I can't remember which one gets started first if
you have it enabled in rc.conf as well, but it took me ages to work out why
moused was failing to start yet still running :-)

Since we're all sharing, here's my configuration for my Logitech Cordless
Optical (3 buttons plus wheel):

in /etc/rc.conf:

usbd_enable="YES"

in /etc/usbd.conf (the second entry is the stock one):

# Override the generic mouse entry below to correctly configure the
# wheel (buttons 4 & 5) on the Logitech cordless mouse.
#
device "Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse"
	product 0xc501
	vendor  0x046d
	devname "ums[0-9]+"
	attach  "/usr/sbin/moused -z 4 -p /dev/${DEVNAME} -I /var/run/moused.${DEVNAME}.pid"

# The entry below starts moused when a mouse is plugged in. Moused
# stops automatically (actually it bombs :) when the device disappears.
#
device "Mouse"
	devname "ums[0-9]+"
	attach "/usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/${DEVNAME} -I /var/run/moused.${DEVNAME}.pid ; /usr/sbin/vidcontrol -m on"

in /etc/XF86Config:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"