Date:      Tue, 30 May 2017 14:25:01 -0600
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6722@twc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The future of portmaster

> On 30 May, 2017, at 14:19, Thomas Mueller <mueller6722@twc.com> wrote:
>=20
> One thing I forgot to mention in my last post is that the UPDATING =
file looks geared to portmaster and portupgrade.
>=20
> Users are thus led to believe that portupgrade and portmaster are =
still the currently recommended tools.
>=20
> If the ports people want to get users to switch to synth or poudriere, =
updating instructions should include synth and poudriere.

There are no updating instructions for them. They do the right thing =
automatically. Only portmaster needs its hand held every time something =
gets updated.

The only difference is that things go into a make.conf in =
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/ rather than /etc/make.conf (see =
CUSTOMISATION in poudriere(8) for details), and I don't know if synth =
has a special place for it too.

# Adam

--=20
Adam Weinberger