Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:36:21 +0200
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        tex-list freebsd <freebsd-tex@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TL2015: LaTeX compatibility with TL2014 and earlier

I upgraded to TL2015 (on FreeBSD 10.1/amd64) and compiled a few old
documents for testing. They all look fine.

For one larger project, spacing changed slightly causing page break
changes. Assuming it might be because of the fixltx2e->latexrelease
change, I tried to add \RequirePackage[2014/05/01]{latexrelease} in the
beginning as documented. Now it does not compile anymore at all. This
can easily be reproduced, these three lines already fail:

\RequirePackage[2014/05/01]{latexrelease}
\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\begin{document}$\mathtt{i}$\end{document}

This is probably not a problem with the FreeBSD port, but rather a
problem with TL2015 in general -- or my lack of understanding of
latexrelease. Unfortunately, I do not have TL2015 on a different OS to test.

Any idea?

Should I go straight to the tex-live mailing list or LaTeX Community forum?

Cheers,
Jan Henrik