Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:22:28 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVS Logging

On 2002-12-12 23:55, Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to have CVS log all activity to a
> log file. Basically, I'd like a log of all checkouts, updates,
> imports and commits. I've already got it logging imports commits,
> but I can't work out how to log the other stuff.

Without seeing your particular CVSROOT setup, it's probably hard to
answer why it works the way it does.  If your CVS repository lives on
a FreeBSD machine (which I have to assume, since you posted on a
FreeBSD list :-) you can always set things up in the same manner that
FreeBSD's own CVS repository is configured.  One of the features of
this particular setup is that all commits are logged to files, and
mailed to an address.

The article ``Setting up a CVS repository - the FreeBSD way'' by Stijn
Hoop can help a lot with setting up a repository like this, and can be
found at: http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/cvs-freebsd/