Date:      10 Jul 2002 08:59:04 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need help with network issue

Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net> writes:

> 	Any suggestions on how to do this would help.  I'm not going
> 	to setup a cron job to do a ping every 2 minutes.  That won't
> 	tell me much of anything.  I want something a little more
> 	detailed.  Thanks.

If you're looking for a complete monitoring solution, try mon. We use
it to monitor our entire installation. It is quick to setup and easy
to maintain. It can be found at http://www.kernel.org/software/mon/

> - The Raiden Knows
>
> "Remember amateurs built the ark  -- professionals built the Titanic."
> -
>
> Unknown
>
> "Just when you think you have life figured out and all is going well,
> watch your step, for you are about to fall." - Ancient Proverb

Please fix your sig. At least include a sig delimiter so that my mail
client stops quoting it when replying to messages posted by you. A sig
delimiter is two dashes (--) followed by a space ( )

thanks,

--
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;