Date:      Mon, 04 May 1998 19:20:18 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: InfoWorld brawl esclates

> "Send me information on a conmmercial FreeBSD vendor with a > $1M annual
> runrate and I'll use it."
>
> Hmmm.

Walnut Creek? NCI?

Brett, real sysadmins know about FreeBSD. Look at Andreas' links, there
are a number of articles out there that mention FreeBSD right alongside
Solaris and AIX as viable platforms for _enterprise_ software.

I think we should concentrate more on our software and ease-of-CLI-use
and our demo tools. Don't panic, just write code. You've got to remember
the mentality of the newsgroup surfer. He's a lot different than
InfoWorld's print readership. Most of those who're responding to your
posts are teenage surfers with nothing better to do. Even Joe Dad or Joe
CEO -- who're serious contenders for our business -- won't go there. How
many _real_software_writers_ like John Dyson or Amancio Hasty post
are getting just as religious. Nobody wins, because we all waste
bandwidth reading it and nobody is learning or writing code here. I
don't like losing, so end of my input. I've got too much to learn. :))))

--> Don