Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:11:13 +0200
From:      Igor Khavin <igor@greyk.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   make depend fails

I'm trying to compile new kernel but make depend stops:

===> agp
@ -> /usr/src/sys
machine -> /usr/src/sys/i386/include
make: don't know how to make agp_if.c. Stop
*** Error code 2
Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/BSD.

Even previous config file cannot be compiled successfully though that
kernel is now running my box! My box is Acer PowerUltima P133/32M,
system 4.0-stable.

I was told  that is known issue and advised to do (I'm now going to
try):

cd /usr/src
make world
cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
config -n
cd ../../compile/SOMETHING
make depend && make && make install && shutdown -r now

Is it really bug and what is the official way to get trough it? Please
help!

Thanks in advance

PS. My config file /sys/i386/conf/BSD is:

machine           i386
cpu                 I586_CPU
ident               BSD
maxusers        32

#makeoptions    DEBUG=-g

options         INET
options         FFS
options         FFS_ROOT
options         MFS
options         MD_ROOT
options         PROCFS
options         COMPAT_43
options         UCONSOLE
options         USERCONFIG
options         VISUAL_USERCONFIG
options         KTRACE
options         SOFTUPDATES
options         SYSVSHM
options         SYSVMSG
options         SYSVSEM
options         P1003_1B
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options         ICMP_BANDLIM
options         SC_TWOBUTTON_MOUSE
options         INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE
options         IPFILTER
options         IPFILTER_LOG

device          isa
device          pci

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device          ata1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device          atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD
device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1
device          psm0    at atkbdc? irq 12
device          vga0    at isa?

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device          sc0     at isa?

# Floating point support - do not disable.
device          npx0    at nexus? port IO_NPX irq 13

# Serial (COM) ports
device          sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
device          sio1    at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3

# Parallel port
device          ppc0    at isa? irq 7
device          ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
device          lpt             # Printer
device          plip            # TCP/IP over parallel
device          ppi             # Parallel port interface device

# ISA Ethernet NICs.
device          ed0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000

# The probe order of these is presently determined by
i386/isa/isa_compat.c.
device          sn0     at isa? port 0x300 irq 10

# Pseudo devices - the number indicates how many units to allocated.
pseudo-device   loop            # Network loopback
pseudo-device   ether           # Ethernet support
pseudo-device   tun             # Packet tunnel.
pseudo-device   pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
pseudo-device   md              # Memory "disks"

# The `bpf' pseudo-device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.
# Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!
pseudo-device   bpf             #Berkeley packet filter

--
Igor Khavin

IT Manager
"Grey Kyiv" advertising agency