Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:43:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Shiva Kaul <shiva@panix.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   krbIV with cyrus-imapd port

hi, please cc all replies to me because I'm not on the list (because my
mail server doesn't function yet...rrrr..)

I'm attempting to set up a cyrus imapd authenticating with kerb4. A
vanilla `make install` of the cyrus-imapd port with "kerberos_v4" set as
the authentication method fails whenever a client tries to connect to the
imap daemon, with "no authentication method."

I hacked the /usr/ports/cyrus-imapd/Makefile up a little bit to accomodate
for kerbIV (the culprit seemed to be that cyrus was compiled with
'with-auth=unix', not 'with-auth=krb'. However, the configure fails when
checking krb_mk_priv(). I downloaded a tarball of the sources from the
cyrus website, configured with the same args, and it also failed with: "No
Kerberos V4 found. Kerberos not found for authorization module."

I am positive that I have set up kerberos correctly (things like kinit and
kdestroy work perfectly). I just can't figure out the problem. Anyone
encountered this? I tried the mailing lists, and stuff on cyrus-sasl came
up, but i need help on the imapd.